LE (Louis Earl Tonglet) , Son of NHRA Pro Stock motorcycle racer Gary Tonglet, and Brother to NHRA Pro Stock motorcycle drag racer GT Tonglet . LE started drag racing at the age of 10 when his Dad set up a custom Suzuki DS80 for him to run in the quarter mile. At 14, LE moved over to a Pro Stock Suzuki chassis, first with a stock 1100 engine then moving up to a modified engine that enabled him to run consistent 7 second ETs. In 2006 LE made his professional race debut at the AHDRA race at Summit Motorsports park in Norwalk Ohio on a V-rod Destroyer. where he qualified 6th and went all the way to the quarter finals before being eliminated.
Following his debut at Norwalk, LE continued to improve his skills on the V-rod Destroyer and qualified 2nd at the next two races and made it into the semi final rounds both times. LE then just 8 short weeks later and only his fourth professional race took his first win at Bristol raceway on August 13, 2006. LE Tonglet continued in 2006 with more top qualifying positions and final or semi final round finishes, where he wrapped the season with another runner up finish at the finals in Las Vegas .
2007 brought a new perspective, and one that would allow LE’s true potential to shine through. In the 2007 LE qualified #1 at 12 of the 14 races and won every race except three, one of which was rained out. If that’s not impressive enough, LE also set a new track record on the Destroyer at every race venue visited in 2007. LE truly dominated the AHDRA V-Rod Destroyer class in 2007, and ended the year as its new 2007 National Champion.
In 2008 LE Tonglet returned to AHDRA, and to hope to once again win the V-Rod Destroyer national championship. 2008 saw only an 11 race schedule and more competition. LE again though showed that he was a force to be reckoned with, as he qualified number #1, 4 times and won 5 of the 11 races, along with constant semi and final round finishes. Try as the competition did to stop LE from repeating his winning ways, they could not hold him back from winning his second AHDRA V-Rod Destroyer national championship in 2008.
- Youngest Series Champion in the NHRA’s 50 Year History
- Only The 3rd Person in NHRA History to Win Both The Series Championship & Rookie of the Year in his Rookie Year
- 2010 NHRA Rookie Of The Year
- 2010 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Series World Champion
- Fifth 2010 Win at NHRA Las Vegas Nationals
- Fourth Win & Third Consecutive Win in Dallas at NHRA Fall Nationals
- Third and consecutive win at the O’REILLY AUTO PARTS NHRA NATIONALS in Charlotte, NC
- First #1 Qualifying position at the O’REILLY AUTO PARTS NHRA NATIONALS in Charlotte, NC
- Second NHRA National win at the the prestigious Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indianaploils IN
- Career best ET of 6.847 at the Indianapolis Mac Tools U.S. Nationals and second fastest Pro Stock Motorcycle pass in the world.
- Career best #2 Qualifying position at the Indianapolis Mac Tools U.S. Nationals
- Front Cover of National Dragster Magazine
- First NHRA National Win at ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS, Joliet IL after only six races of 2010 rookie year.
- Quickest sixty foot in NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle history 1.037sec Joliet IL
- Qualified 4th at UNITED ASSOCIATION ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS, Joliet IL
- Cuts weekends best near perfect light of .001 in final round eliminations against Michael Phillips, Madison IL
- Defeats 2009 PSM champion Hector Arana to advance to his first ever final round at AAA INSURANCE NHRA MIDWEST NATIONALS, Madison IL
- Career best run of 6.910 sec/193.79 mph at the O’REILLY AUTO PARTS NHRA SPRING NATIONALS, Houston TX
- Qualified Sixth at The 2010 O’REILLY AUTO PARTS NHRA SPRING NATIONALS, Houston TX
- 2008 AHDRA V-Rod Destroyer National Champion
- 2007 V-Rod AHDRA Destroyer National Champion